We are looking for a passionate and detail-oriented Graphic Designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media. As a pivotal member of our marketing team, the ideal candidate will shape the creative aspects of company sales and marketing material. The ideal applicant for this position will be creative, have excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
The role includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics, including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. As a graphic designer, they will work with other members of the marketing, sales and product teams to develop powerful, innovative, and eye-catching images and campaigns that will draw in both current and potential customers. They will create graphics that enhance our accompanying content and effectively communicate our message for all digital platforms.
Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you. The goal is to inspire and attract the target audience.
- Produce library of graphic assets, including photographs, logos, illustrations, etc
- Suggest new ideas and concepts for the Library’s marketing communications, which includes graphics for web, social media, e-newsletters and sales email
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts, present ideas, amend designs after feedback
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with other teams for input and to finalize design
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
Requirements and skills
- At least two years of experience with designing and laying out marketing materials
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to work methodically with limited supervision to meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
- Good time management, communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously